Our Day Care is Committed to Helping Families!
The Learning Tree daycare center was established in 1973. In 1988, it was bought and incorporated by Karen Logan. Today, it remains a locally owned and operated daycare facility committed to helping families and young children learn and grow.
- Curriculum At the Learning Tree we use the Creative Curriculum which aligns with ILLinois Early Learning Standards. I t is a play-based curriculum that integrates child development and kindergarten readiness. Along with the curriculum, we use Teaching Strategies Gold for assessing children throughout the year and Ages and Stages for screening children to determine if there is a need for early intervention. The teachers do one Reggio project per year based on a subject of the children’s interest and we utilize STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in our daily activities.
- Safety Safety of the children is of utmost importance to us, we have a full security system, camera system, keypad entry doors and a fingerprint sign-in/out system. All of our staff are required to pass a background check.
- Staff Longevity of our staff is very important to us. we have many staff that has been with us for 5 to 20+ years. We enjoy getting to know all of the children and their families. They are friendly, Early Childhood Educated and partake in yearly professional development and training. Our staff are certified in First-Aid and CPR and we have an on-site nurse.
- Environment Large comfortable classrooms, cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis, Family atmosphere with an open door policy, fenced in playgrounds and In door Large Motor Rooms.
- Specials Every month at no extra cost to the parents we have four special classes. Karate, Jungle Bus, Zumba and Zumba for twos, Yoga and baby Yoga.
- Competitive Rates Flexible Schedules and Special rates for Teachers, we also offer the following discounts, 10% Sibling Discount, 20$ Military Discount, 17% Snap-On Employee Discount, and when a family refers another family, they both get a free week of tuition after four weeks. We also accept State funding and are part of the Federal Food Program. Breakfast, Lunch and Snack are included in the price.